SPICY PUMPKIN SOUP
2 whole pumpkins
1 quart chicken or vegetable stock
1/2 cup heavy cream
Salt to taste
2 tsps. chipotle powder
A dash of ancho chili powder
Pumpkin seeds or croutons
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place pumpkins on cookie sheet, and roast until soft.
- Once cooled, slice in half and scoop out seeds and pulp.
- Scoop out flesh in a bowl and set aside.
- In a pot, heat pumpkin flesh with stock and chili powders until simmering.
- Puree using immersion blender or food processor until smooth.
- Add cream and blend again.
- Serve hot in hollowed-out pumpkin for an extra festive flair.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream, garnish with pumpkin seeds or croutons.
Original recipe compliments of Public Service of Oklahoma Tips here
Posted by Sandra Crosnoe for Finding Gems & Sharing Them