Rep. Tom Price
is a Georgia physician who has steadfastly developed a plan to move Americans away from ObamaCare and create the badly-needed incentives for frugality of consumers.
The nominee for Secretary of Health & Human Services created a system which does several key things for lowering the cost of medical care and empower market reforms so that competition can again work to earn a patient's trust and patronage.
- Repeal the existing Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare)
- Grant RefundableTax Credits to Americans on a sliding age scale, rather than income scale. It starts at $900 for most kids, and caps at $3000 for elder Americans.
- Restores limited pre-existing exclusions, if you weren't previously insured. But only for 18 months, then full coverage is restored.
- Allows Citizens to buy any policy available in any state.
- Allows citizens to keep their cash(tax credit) if they don't spend it on healthcare.
- Taxes "cadillac" employee plans as income, but only to the extent that they exceed common benefits.
An orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Price spent more than two decades caring for patients.